Why Heritage Shorthorns ?
When deciding on the breed of cattle to utilize in any management/breeding program it is extremely important to know what are the strengths of that breed. Fortunately for Heritage Shorthorns there is a long list of positive attributes that make them suitable for almost any farm operation. To facilitate the selection process a list of the most notable attributes of Heritage Shorthorns is provided.
1. Dual Purpose = production of both milk and meat.
4. Meat Marbling Ability
5. Wide Variety of Red & White & Roan Color Patterns.
6. Homozygous Polled Cows and Bulls Available. (Alternatively, horned cattle are also available)
7. Within-Breed Genetic Diversity
8. Foundation Breeding Stock Available Nationwide.
9. Environmental Adaptability
11. Calving Ease
12. Strong Maternal Instincts
13. Reduced Health problems
14. Capacity to thrive and produce in Grass Fed Situations