Magazines, CAttle ASsociations, & other links
(Click on any highlighted wording for an automatic online link to that website)
- Shorthorn Country (Published from mid-1980’s until now)
Focuses primarily on Beef Shorthorns and Shorthorn crosses.
- Shorthorn World (Published from 1941 until 1985)
- Shorthorn World and Farm Magazine (Published from 1906 until 1941)
- Milking Shorthorn Journal
Primarily dairy oriented, but also occasionally has Heritage/Native Shorthorns.
- Canadian Shorthorn Report
- American Shorthorn Association (ASA)
US Registry primarily for Beef Shorthorns.
- American Milking Shorthorn Society (AMSS)
US Registry for Milking/Dairy Shorthorns, as well as Heritage/Native Shorthorns.
- Canadian Shorthorn Association
- Beef Shorthorn Society of Australia
- Beef Shorthorn Cattle Society of England
- Oklahoma State University cattle breeds
This site has an extensive online reference library for cattle breeds around the world.
- Livestock Conservancy
Their mission is to protect endangered livestock and poultry breeds from extinction.
- SVF Foundation
They preserve germplasm (semen and embryos) from rare and endangered breeds of food and fiber livestock.
- The Shorthorn Bulletin Bi-monthly newsletter that discusses topics of interest to all Shorthorn breeders. This site also has a page of photos of many HS bulls.
- Shorthorn Select Semen Semen sales and information on current and old Heritage Shorthorn bulls.