1st Annual HSS Photo Contest, Spring 2018
We are launching the first annual HSS photo contest March 1st. We invite everyone (you don’t have to be a Heritage Shorthorn Society member) to submit photographs which include at least one Shorthorn in the picture (they don’t have to be heritage). These photos will be displayed on our Photo Contest Page, and will be voted on by HSS members later in the summer. Each photo will be credited as to who submitted it. Some of the photos may be used in the 2019 Heritage Shorthorn calendar that will be available for purchase November 1st. The person who submits the top photo (highest number of HSS member votes) will receive a free HSS mug or cap (their choice).
1. Anyone can submit up to 5 photos. Captions are encouraged, but not essential--the captions should not specifically mention a ranch/farm name.
2. The pictures can be in any setting taken recently or they can be from a family album showing a historical setting. There are no specific categories—any interesting photos which highlight Shorthorn cattle.
3. All photos are to be submitted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org . (“Paper” photos will need to be scanned into JPG format so the digital copy can be sent.)
4. All photos must be submitted by June 30, 2018.
5. The photos will be posted on the Photo Contest Page of the HSS website, with credit to the sender. HSS members will be able to vote on their favorite photos after the contest closes.
6. Photos become the property of the Heritage Shorthorn Society for use in publications and promotions. (Please, no copyrighted pictures.)